FICAHT Forum – Welcome to Galway
Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2020
The Galway International Hotel School at Galway Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT) are proud sponsors of the annual Dairy Chef culinary competition and the FICAHT Forum from the 1st - 4th April 2020. The FICAHT network, with more than 77 members and 39 partners aims at developing internship & apprenticeship mobility and training in the fields of culinary arts, hospitality management and tourism.
Programme of Events
The aim of this year’s Forum is professional networking, new collaborations and good practice talks.
Academics and professionals are warmly invited.
Wednesday 1st April 2020
- The grand opening of the Forum - the Dairy Chef Competition’s Final Cook-Off will take place. Only finalist students and their tutors are invited to attend.
- Goût de France dinner (Invite Only)
Thursday 2nd April 2020
- Keynote speakers will present in the morning in the areas of culinary arts, hospitality, tourism, and heritage on the West Coast of Ireland.
- In the afternoon, there will be research presentations about innovation in food tourism and hospitality education and using French and Irish culture and heritage to promote a transforming Europe.
- Culinary workshops around French techniques, Breton cuisine, cephalopods, Bulgarian creative cooking.
- Conference dinner
Friday 3rd April 2020
- A full morning workshop on Erasmus funding.
- Industry networking lunch.
- Afternoon discussion about the evolution and opportunities of the network.
- Dinner in town and interactive céilí
Saturday 4th April 2020
- Meeting with local producers and food or tourism professionals in county Galway
This year there is a small registration fee for each day of the conference, corresponding to the cost of each meal kindly provided by the GMIT. You should be able to either get this fee reimbursed as a registration fee or as individual meal expenses. Please see here for more information on the fee.
You can book your ticket for the Forum here on Eventbrite. Booking deadline is 27th March 2020.
For more information on the Forum, visit the FICAHT website here.