GMIT STUDENT ENTERPRISE AWARDS:
- Run in all 5 campuses across GMIT
- Applicants email completed entry form (download entry form below) and a link to their 210 second YouTube* video to Innovation Hub Mayo by Friday January 29th at 5pm. Please note that separate video files cannot be accepted.
- * Please choose the privacy option unlisted. Making a video unlisted means that anyone who has the link to the video can view it. Your unlisted videos won’t appear to others who visit the Videos tab of your channel page and shouldn't show up in YouTube's search results unless someone adds your unlisted video to a public playlist. To share an unlisted video, just share the link with the people who you’d like to have access to it, and they’ll be able to see it. Your YouTube account needs to be in good standing to be able to create unlisted videos.
- All finalists will be assigned a GMIT mentor to help prepare them for GMIT Students Enterprise Awards Final, which will be a 10 minute pitching competition on March 9th to an external panel
- 1st place will receive a cash prize of €2,000 plus free hot desking space for 3 months in the GMIT Innovation Hubs (Mayo or Galway) plus mentoring support
- 2nd place will receive a cash prize of €500 plus free hot desking space for 3 months in the GMIT Innovation Hubs (Mayo or Galway)
- 3rd place will receive a cash prize of €300
- 4th place will receive a cash prize of €200
- 29th January 2016 – Students need to complete entry form and submit their 210 second YouTube video by 5pm
- 5th February 2016 – Finalists chosen and GMIT Mentors Assigned
- 9th March 2016 – Pitching competition to external Judging Panel & Winner and runners up announced
- Optional * 17th March – Enterprise Ireland Submission (210 second video)
* Students can choose to submit their video to apply for the Enterprise Ireland Awards if they wish (support will be offered)
Why should you get Involved?
- Explore and develop your entrepreneurial capabilities
- Increase your career prospects in the future
- PR & Networking opportunities
How Do I Apply?
Download the application forms right here:
Download a PDF version of the Application Form
Download a MS Word version of the Application Form
For further information contact Annemarie Cahill, GMIT Innovation Hub (Mayo):
Tel: +353 (0)94 9043198
Email: Innovation Hub Mayo
Enterprise Ireland Student Entrepreneur Awards
- Submit Video (210 seconds) - March 2016
- Submit Business Plan – April 2016
- Final judging – June 2016
- €35k cash plus €30k consultancy
For further information on the programme, see http://studententrepreneurawards.com/