Am I Eligible? Who Should Apply?
The New Frontiers Entrepreneur Development Programme is targeted at entrepreneurs and early stage start-up companies located across the region. The programme is open to applications from a diversity of sectors including but not limited to:
- Information & communication technology
- Engineering & electronics
- Medical devices
- Digital media
- Cleantech/renewable energy
- Internationally traded services (eligible)
- Food & consumer products
Ideally applicants should have the following characteristics:
- Intend establishing a manufacturing or internationally traded services business or a new domestically traded service business with the potential to trade internationally
- Ambitious and have the capability and commitment needed to develop a sustainable business
- Growth orientated - planning to achieve turnover greater than €500,000 and create more than five jobs in three to five years time
- Develop a business that is built upon on a strong foundation of innovation and/or technology
- Show evidence of a commercial market for your proposed product or service
|How Do I Apply?|
See Phase 1 Application Privacy Notice HERE (PDF, 381KB)
To apply for Phase 1 by March 13th FILL OUT OUR ONLINE APPLICATION FORM HERE.
Places are limited.
New Frontiers is a three-phase programme that is designed to provide an integrated and comprehensive set of business development supports to participants.
Phase 1 -Testing the Business Idea
The first phase will be part-time over six to eight weeks and will help you to validate the market potential of your business idea. These weekend and evening workshops will provide information and general start-up training, allowing you to tease out your idea’s feasibility and to see whether a viable proposition exists.
Phase 2 - Business Planning
Following a competitive selection process, committed participants who have a strong value proposition and who can demonstrate that their business proposition has potential to grow and create jobs may be offered a place on Phase 2.
If successful, you will receive intensive support for six months to develop both your own skills and to work up your business proposition. This will entail full-time participation in workshops, mentoring and regular reviews. Using these supports, you will fully detail and validate your business proposition and identify potential customers, sales channels and funding options.
You must be available for full-time participation. To facilitate this, you will receive up to €15,000 in funding subject to satisfactory development reviews.
The aim of this phase is to support you in your development of an investor-ready business plan.
Phase 3 - Business Development
Businesses emerging from Phase 2 will be guided to the most relevant government supports that can best help them at their particular stage of development. Further incubation facilities and support may be available to participants for a limited period, in conjunction with ongoing support from the Incubation Centre Management Team.
Download the New Frontiers Flyer (PDF 127 KB)
For further information on the national New Frontiers Programme visit www.newfrontiers.ie
Innovation Hub Mayo
GMIT Mayo Campus
Innovation Hub Galway
GMIT Galway Campus,
New Frontiers Manager
GMIT Galway & Mayo