We live in a global economy.
So, why not try out two or three language classes during your first few weeks in GMIT?
Why study a language in GMIT?
Ultimately, having a language will improve your employability once you graduate.
If you study a language at GMIT, you can:
- Study abroad for a semester, or even a full year through the Erasmus Exchange programme
- Do a work placement in another country as part of your course
- Take part in international trips and events
- Consider international career opportunities
- Show future employers you are flexible and adaptable
Check out GMIT Languages on Facebook to see photos from our trips and events.
Languages on offer in GMIT:
- French (Beginners)
- German (Beginners)
- Spanish (Beginners)
- Irish (Intermediate)
Languages are available as elective subjects on the following courses in the Galway campuses:
TOURISM, HOSPITALITY AND HERITAGE
- Hotel and Catering Management
- Hotel and Catering Management (Honours)
- Culinary Arts Management
- Bar and Restaurant Management
- Tourism Management
- Retail and Customer Service Management
- Event Management with Public Relations
- Heritage Studies
- Heritage Studies (Honours)
- Hospitality Studies
- Bar Supervision
*** If you are interested in catering and hospitality, check out the award-winning Eurocatering Language Training programme, a free online language kit for professionals in the catering and hospitality sector (GMIT were the Irish partners in this exciting Euorpean project).***
CREATIVE ARTS AND MEDIA