Certificate in Law and Human Resource Management (10 Credits)Special Purpose Award
This course will introduce learners to the fundamental principles of law and human resource management.
The module will familiarise students with the sources of law and will illustrate how law provides the legal framework for the business environment. The module will also familiarise learners with the fundamentals of Human Resource Management.
The introduction to the law in the first part of the module will provide an essential context for the manner in which Human Resource Management is delivered.
- Sources of Irish Law & Legal Institutions
- Law of Civil Obligations
- Introduction to Employment Law
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Human Resources and Employment Law Environment
- The Achievement of Organisational Objectives
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to
- Appreciate the role of law in business, its relevance to the working world, and have a sensitivity to legal considerations in decision making at work.
- Classify and describe the sources of law, legal institutions and the roles of legal professionals.
- Evaluate the legal considerations in business decision making and to have to have a sensitivity to the employment law issues arising in the working environment.
- Explain the development of human resource management theory and how theory informs practice.
- Explain how the internal and external business environment influences human resource management, and in particular how law frames HR practice.
- Evaluate how effective HR practice contibutes to the achievement of organisational objectives.
This 10 credit module is part of a larger 60 credit Certificate in Supervisory Management.
Students can accumulate credits towards the larger award by undertaking and successfully passing the other modules in the programme namely:
- Management for Supervisors
- Financial & Economic Environment
- Managing Operations and Work Based Project
Other Essential Information:
This course will be delivered at the GMIT Mayo campus over one day per month from September 2020 to December 2020 (five days, 9am-4.15pm, these will be confimed at a later date).
To apply complete the GMIT Mayo Campus Lifelong Learning Application Form available here (pdf 646KB)
NFQ Level: 7
Category: Part-time Accredited
Phone: + 353 (0) 94 9043197
Programme Duration: 15 Weeks