Certificate in Managing Operations (SPA)15 Credits, Level 7, Semester I & II
Operations is at the core of every business. This module aims to address the activities of designing and managing different processes to produce and deliver products and/or services.
It will examine various strategies and concepts used in industrial sectors to transform raw materials/components/skills into products and services.
This course is classified as a Special Purpose Award (SPA).
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to:
- Explain the role of Operations Management and key terminology and concepts and how they apply to different business scenarios.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of Project management in relation to managing time, cost, and quality elements, when implementing projects.
- Explore Operational planning processes.
- Explore operations resources (capacity) planning, job design, scheduling, and monitoring.
- Identify and assess the impact of customers/marketing/change requirements on operations.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply Quality Control Systems, Statistical Process Control, H&S, and 6-Sigma methodologies to control and
- monitor processes, products, and services.
- Appraise Lean concepts and how they apply in aiding operations improvements
- Explain facility layout types and how they relate to process types.
- Demonstrate an overall knowledge of supply chain management activities and inventory management in relation to Operations
- Introduction to Operations
- Facility Layouts
- Process Flows
- Planning & controlling the Operations
- Quality Management
- Lean Operations (products & services)
- Project Management
- Operations Change Drivers
Other Essential Information:
Time: 2-6pm/Thursdays - Semester I & II
Start Date September 2020 (Provisional), thereafter one day per month until May 2021
To download an application form please click here
NFQ Level: 7
Category: Part-time Accredited
Dr Deirdre Garvey
Programme Duration: 30 Weeks