Digital Marketing5 Credit, Single Accredited Module, Level 7 - Semester I
The aim of this module is to develop students' knowledge and understanding of Digital Marketing.
Students learn how to take a systematic approach to developing Digital Marketing strategies and develop practical skills around implementing these strategies.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to:
- Assess the impact of digital technology on the practice of marketing.
- Analyse the use of different forms of digital marketing in the development of an online presence.
- Develop a plan for marketing a product of business online.
- Integrate social media tools into a marketing communications strategy.
- Use a publishing platform to build a web presence with integrated data collection and links to social media
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Developing an Online Strategy
- Online User Behaviour
- Principles of Website Design
- E-mail marketing and Customer Database Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Online Advertising and Promotion
- Practical Skills in Digital Marketing
Other Essential Information:
Duration: This module will be delivered over 13 weeks using a blended learning approach, involving a mixture of remote and face to face delivery. Approximately 1 day per month face-to-face delivery, plus 3 hours per week remote delivery over one semester – unless otherwise notified.
Time: Timetable to be advised
Start date: September 2020 (Date to be confirmed)
How to Apply
Application for the course is made direct to the Institute. Please click here to download an application form.
GMIT is planning for blended delivery to be the normal mode of learning and teaching for Semester 1 and possibly all of the 2020-2021 academic year. Lifelong learning programmes are planned with "remote delivery" of classes, and this will be done within existing blended programme delivery models and times. This will also allow for some level of classroom delivery if Covid-19 restrictions allow later the academic year.
GMIT will continue to adhere to Government guidelines to ensure the safety of students, staff and the wider community.
NFQ Level: 6
Category: Single Subject