Introduction to Marketing for Small & Medium Enterprises5 Credit, Single Accredited Module, Level 6 - Semester II
The aim of this module is to introduce students to the discipline and practice of marketing.
- Introduction to Marketing
- The Marketing Environment
- Buyer Behaviour
- Market Segmentation and Targeting
- The Marketing Mix
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad introductory knowledge and understanding of the key concepts of marketing.
- Explain the role of marketing in the obtainment of organisational objectives.
- Apply basic marketing theory to well defined situations.
- Formulate solutions to basic marketing problems
Other Essential Information:
Duration: This module will be delivered over 13 weeks using a blended learning approach, involving a mixture of remote and face to face delivery
Approximately 1 day/month face-to-face delivery, plus 3 hours per week remote delivery over one semester – unless otherwise notified3 hrs per week over 13 weeks
Time: To be confirmed
Start Date: January 2021 (Date to be advised)
How to Apply
Application for the course is made direct to the Institute. Please click here to download an application form.
GMIT is planning for blended delivery to be the likely mode of learning and teaching for Semester II of the 2020-2021 academic year. Lifelong learning programmes are planned with "remote delivery" of classes, and this will be done within existing blended programme delivery models and times. This will also allow for some level of classroom delivery if Covid-19 restrictions allow later the academic year.
GMIT will continue to adhere to Government guidelines to ensure the safety of students, staff and the wider community.