Certificate in Network Cyber Security (SPA)A Springboard+ Certificate, delivered through blended learning and starting in September 2020. (Level 7, 30 Credits)
This 30 credit SPA aims to upskill IT practitioners in current tools and techniques to provide a secure network environment for an organisation.
It involves configuring network equipment and software in the demilitarized zone (DMZ) of an organization to protect against malicious external and internal threats.
The objective of the SPA is to provide a pathway for professionals to upskill to ensure secure IT network infrastructure for organisations.
- Local Area Network (LAN) Routing and Switching
- LAN Cybersecurity
- Network Operating Systems (NOS) Security
- Next Step – Transitioning to Work
The specific learning outcomes for the programme are:
- Learners will have specialised knowledge and understanding across a range of theoretical and technical concepts pertaining to Network Cybersecurity
- Learners will have developed the skills required to assess the vulnerability and readiness of an organisation regarding cyberattacks.
- Learners will be able to demonstrate a range of specialised technical skills and abilities in the deploying Network Cybersecurity solutions.
- Learners will be able to exercise judgment in the selection and use of appropriate tools and techniques to design and implement Network Cybersecurity systems.
- Learners will be able to recognise and identify modern security risks and be able to evaluate new concepts and technologies in Network Cybersecurity and apply them appropriately.
- Learners will be cognizant of emerging threats, attacks surfaces and mitigating tools.
The minimum entry requirement is a Level 6 major award or equivalent.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Recognition of Prior Learning may be used to gain access to this programme in accordance with GMIT’s Recognition of Prior Learning policy.
RPL application is via the www.myexperience.ie website.
Other Essential Information:
How to Apply:
Applications are via the Springboard website https://springboardcourses.ie
September 2020 (date to be advised)
1 day/month plus 10 hours per week online student engagement (provisional) over 1 year
Springboard+ Fees - FREE for those classified as unemployed.
The Springboard+ Fee for employed participants is €300.
Free to Unemployed recipients (e.g. job-seekers, carers, one-parent families, etc.). For full list please see http://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
For employed participants on courses of NFQ Level 7, 8 or 9, 90% of the course fee is paid by the HEA. Participants will be liable for the remaining 10% fee.
Fees will be due once a place has been accepted
NFQ Level: 7
Category: Springboard/ICT Skills
Dr Seamus Dowling
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020
Programme Duration: One year