Basic Foundation Course in CounsellingGeneral Interest Course - Offered Semester II
This course provides an introduction to counselling and an appreciation of counselling skills and practices.
- Introduction to Counselling: What is counselling and the need for it in our lives and communities?
- Definitions and Theories of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- The basic skills necessary in Counselling e.g. listening skills, empathy, non-judgemental attitude, etc.
- Examining the counselling relationship on a practical basis and looking at the benefits and challenges facing client and therapist.
- Examining the role fear and stress play in our lives.
- Developing daily practices to live more in the present moment.
- Practicing counselling skills using role plays and small groups.
- Relaxation activities.
- Looking at educational and career options on completing the course.
Ability to hold details in confidence and a desire for personal growth.
Other Essential Information:
|Duration:||2 hrs / per week||10 weeks|
|Time:||7pm - 9pm / Tuesdays||Semester II|
|Start date:||Tuesday, 16th January, 2018|
Category: General Interest
Phone: +353 (0) 94 904 3156