Certificate in Training & DevelopmentSpecial Purpose Award
This programme will develop the skills and knowledge for designing and evaluating training programmes and develop the enhanced interpersonal skills participants require for facilitating and delivering training programmes.
It is a one year academic programme which has been specifically developed for the workplace.
All assessments are based on authentic training scenarios in the workplace.
It focuses on key areas such as adult learning theory, instructional design, training delivery and evaluation of training programmes.
To facilitate participants who are working, this is a ‘blended’ programme which includes classroom delivery in blocks of one day per month, and online learning resources and delivery.
Students will also engage in significant self-directed learning.
This 30 credit programme is comprised of two modules listed under programme modules.
Module 1: Learning Theory & Instructional Design (15 credits)
- Role of training & development in the workplace
- Role of trainer
- Adult learning theory & concepts
- Learning styles and multiple intelligence theories
- Overview of instructional design
- Researching and developing content
Module 2: Training Delivery & Evaluation (15 credits)
- Anatomy of a trainer
- Training delivery
- Assessment of trainee learning
- Training evaluation
- Contemporary issues in training & development
Each of these modules can be studied as standalone modules in which case students will receive the relevant certificate for the module covered. The fee associated with each 15 credit module is €875.
On completion of this course the learner will/should be able to
- Demonstrate knowledge of adult learning theory and learning styles and apply associated principles in learning situations.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the role and competencies required to become an effective trainer.
- Demonstrate enhanced interpersonal skills in facilitating and delivering training programmes to groups of trainees.
- Use instructional design theories and concepts to develop relevant training programmes to support achievement of organisational objectives and strategies.
- Develop insight into the contemporary issues in training and development.
Other Essential Information:
Duration: 10 Thursdays from October 2017 – April 2018
Time: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Start date: Thursday, 5th October 2017
The classroom hours for module Learning Theory & Instructional Design will take place on:
5 October 2017, 26 October 2017, 16 November 2017, 30 November 2017 & 7 December 2017.
The classroom hours for module Training Delivery & Evaluation will take place on:
18 January 2018, 8 February 2018, 1 March 2018, 15 March 2018 & 19 April 2018
NFQ Level: 7
Category: Part-time Accredited
Lifelong Learning Department Mayo Campus
Phone: + 353 (0) 94 904 3156
Programme Duration: One year