GMIT's Department of Natural Sciences offers a variety of science degrees with a strong applied focus.
Courses in this department are as follows:
- Agricultural and Environmental Management (GMIT Mountbellew/Galway campuses)
- Applied Freshwater and Marine Biology
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical Science
- Forensic Science & Instrumentation
- Public Health Nutrition
- Sport and Exercise Science
There is strong emphasis on learning by 'doing' to develop practical knowledge and critical thinking skills.
All degrees also include a work placement.
Department of Natural Sciences
Head of Department
Dr Lisa Ryan
Tel: +353 (0)91 742556
Email: Dr Lisa Ryan