GMIT International Construction Management Conference 2017
GMIT's 7th Annual International Construction Management Conference will be taking place on Tuesday, 7th of March, 2017, and is currently the largest single construction event in the west of Ireland.
The conference will run from 9.00am to 3.45pm, and will take place in the Cafe Foyer of GMIT Galway campus, Dublin Road, Galway.
The conference provides an informative and entertaining mix of expert speakers on matters of major interest to the wider construction and property community.
A series of technical break-out sessions is also provided, tailored to suit the built environment disciplines.
Minister of State for the Office of Public Works and Flood Relief, Mr Seán Canney, T.D. will deliver the Keynote address.
- Mr. John O’Regan, Director, Head of the Programme, Cost and Consultancy Group in AECOM Ireland - ‘Review of the Construction Industry and its current and future prospects’.
- Mr. Tom Parlon, Director General, Construction Industry Federation - ‘The outlook for the Irish Construction Industry, the opportunities and challenges that this will present and the actions that are required’.
- Mr. Ralph Montague, Managing Partner, ArcDox - ‘Using BIM for Lean Construction’
- Mr. Cillian Kelly, BIM Leader Ireland, John Sisk and Son, Contractors - ‘4D Construction Sequencing’
- Mr. Aongus Callanan, Director, TC Estimating Services Ltd. - ‘5D Costing with BIM’
- Mr. Jan Gottsche, Environmental and Sustainability Co-Ordinator at BAM Contractors - ‘Embedding Research Informed Resource Efficiency Practices into a Large-Scale Construction Company’
- Dr. Mark Kelly, GMIT - ‘Rethinking the Construction Supply Chain in a Circular Economy’
- Mr. Martin Meehan, Principal of Meehan Associates and Chairman of Meehan Green - ‘From Sow’s Lug to Silk Purse’, The story of the renovation of Block B East Point Business Park in Dublin to LEED Platinum to provide a ‘best in class’ office environment
- Mr. Pat McGrath, Head of Research and Systems Development, Construction Information Services (CIS Ireland) - ‘Making Use of Market Data and Reports’
- Mr. Enda McGuane, Managing Director, Winters Property Management DAC - ‘Factors Influencing the Design and Development of Student Housing’
- Mr. Ben Bradford, President, Chartered Association of Building Engineers and Managing Director of BB7 - ‘Developments in Fire Safety Engineering’
- Mr. Chris Chivers, Past President, Chartered Institute of Building, Managing Director, Greylough Ltd., Consultants, UK - ‘International Perspectives, BREXIT and Other Topical Issues’
- Mr. Pauric Marray, Director, Quigg Golden, Construction and Procurement Law Specialists - “Interim Measures on Public Works Contract – The Story So Far”
* The conference is certified for 5.5 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) by the major Professional Bodies.
The conference is hosted by the Department of Building and Civil Engineering in GMIT, and the event is free of charge, thanks to the generosity of our sponsors: The Chartered Institute of Building, The Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland, The Chartered Association of Building Engineers and the Construction Industry Federation.
Book your place today!
Just email Martin Taggart to secure your place.