The Department of Nursing, Health Sciences and Social Care in GMIT Mayo offers a range of courses in Nursing, Applied Social Care and Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Attract students who wish to work in a caring and supportive environment
- Combine academic study with hands-on practical experience
- Are delivered in a supportive learning environment both on campus and in placement sites
Nursing, social care and early childhood education and care students have many opportunities that lead to challenging and rewarding careers.
- Nursing students are trained to work in hospitals, day centres, clinics, community services, and in specialist services such as intensive care, accident and emergency, addictions, cognitive behaviour therapy and in peoples’ own homes
- Students of applied social care are trained to work in a wide variety of work areas such as social care settings, youth work, childcare, working with people with disabilities, community development and interpersonal services
- Early childhood education and are students are provided with the skills and competencies required for autonomous working practice in early childhood education and care.