Applied Research Theory (Jobs Stimulus Module)
Discipline: Nursing, Health Sciences and Social Care
NFQ Level: 9
Mode of Study: Blended Learning
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Free to unemployed applicants. €98 to employed applicants (€875 funded by HEA)
This module will assist students develop an advanced critical awareness of the range of research methods appropriate to health and social care settings.
It will provide students with the knowledge necessary to undertake a realistic, practically based and robustly-designed research project that seeks to enhance care and improve outcomes.
Applied Research Theory - 10 ECTS Credits
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Systematically review literature and present a coherent and defensible analysis.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in academic writing.
- Demonstrate a systematic understanding of the research cycle from idea generation through to research project proposal.
- Demonstrate competence in designing and justifying a robust research proposal for a chosen project area.
Go to www.gmit.ie/jobs-stimulus to:
- confirm if you are eligible to apply under the Jobs Stimulus initiative
- check if you meet the academic "Entry Requirements" for this level of module
How to Apply
We are accepting applications from Monday, 16th November 2020.
Read the Jobs Stimulus Online Admissions User Guide for step-by-step instructions BEFORE logging on to our online admissions system at the ‘Apply Here’ link below.
Note: On the online admissions system, you will find this module under the Application Type JS- Quality and Safety H/Care.
Apply here (Online Admissions System)
Start date: 18/01/2021
End date: 01/06/2021