Critical Thinking & Decision Making (Jobs Stimulus Module)The overall aim of this module is to develop students’ understanding of and capacity for critical thinking, creative thinking and problem-solving.
Discipline: Nursing, Health Sciences and Social Care
NFQ Level: 9
Mode of Study: Blended Learning
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Free to unemployed applicants. €98 to employed applicants (€875 funded by HEA)
This module is focused on creating the ability to deduce and interpret information, recognize assumptions, draw inferences, evaluate arguments, exercise critical judgment in decision making and generate an active open-minded thinker.
The module seeks to create a critical awareness of the fallacies in arguments and the cognitive biases in decision making.
Critical Thinking & Decision Making - 10 ECTS Credits
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Demonstrate an understanding of critical thinking as used in a range of contexts ;
- Integrate models of decision making with the organisational context;
- Analyse information and arguments in complex situations;
- Recognise behavioural biases in thinking and decision making;
- Illustrate the use of creative thinking techniques in problem solving;
- Analyse risk and perceptions of risk in decision making under uncertainty;
- Appraise value conflicts in decision making.
Go to www.gmit.ie/jobs-stimulus to:
- confirm if you are eligible to apply under the Jobs Stimulus initiative
- check if you meet the academic "Entry Requirements" for this level of module
How to Apply
We are accepting applications from Monday, 16th November 2020.
Read the Jobs Stimulus Online Admissions User Guide for step-by-step instructions BEFORE logging on to our online admissions system at the ‘Apply Here’ link below.
Note: On the online admissions system, you will find this module under the Application Type JS- Quality and Safety H/Care.
Apply here (Online Admissions System)
Start date: 01/03/2021
End date: 01/06/2021