Digital Technology and Digital Childhoods (Jobs Stimulus Module)This module prepares learners for the use of digital media and preparing digital content.
Discipline: Nursing, Health Sciences and Social Care
NFQ Level: 8
Mode of Study: Blended Learning
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Free to unemployed applicants. €99 to employed applicants (€891 funded by HEA)
The learner will plan, capture and edit video, audio and still images.
Learners will be equipped with the necessary leadership skills when using digital technology in an early childhood setting.
Digital Technology and Digital Childhoods - 10 ECTS Credits
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Plan, capture and manipulate images.
- Plan, capture and manipulate video and audio.
- Produce a digital initiative suitable for intended audience.
- Plan and publish digital work in an ePortfolio.
- Evaluate the issues and opportunities that digital technologies present in the early years.
- Recommend strategies for introducing digital technologies to an early childhood setting.
Go to www.gmit.ie/jobs-stimulus to:
- confirm if you are eligible to apply under the Jobs Stimulus initiative
- check if you meet the academic "Entry Requirements" for this level of module
How to Apply
We are accepting applications from Monday, 16th November 2020.
Read the Jobs Stimulus Online Admissions User Guide for step-by-step instructions BEFORE logging on to our online admissions system at the ‘Apply Here’ link below.
Note: On the online admissions system, you will find this module under the Application Type JS- Early Childhood Education.
Apply here (Online Admissions System)
Start date: 01/03/2021
End date: 01/06/2021