Quality and Innovation (Jobs Stimulus Module)
Discipline: Nursing, Health Sciences and Social Care
NFQ Level: 9
Mode of Study: Blended Learning
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Free to unemployed applicants. €98 to employed applicants (€875 funded by HEA)
The aim of this module is to develop students' understanding of quality, quality improvement and innovation.
The module will focus on the context, key principles and competencies associated with quality and innovation.
The module will create a critical awareness of the contemporary themes.
It will encourage the student to explore how quality is defined and measured in relation to health and/or social care.
The module will include quality improvement methodology.
There will be a focus on application to practice and students will consider aspects of quality and innovation from their own area of practice and application of theory.
Quality and Innovation - 10 ECTS Credits
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Demonstrate and apply the principles of Quality Improvement.
- Demonstrate and apply the science of improvement and improvement principles.
- Utilise different techniques of data collection and measurement and understand the role of measurement in improvement.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify the opportunities in practice to analyse opportunites for improvement.
- Synthesise the range of improvement methods available for reducing harm to service user
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of at least one improvement tool in a service context and participate/lead on an improvement activity. Apply the principles of positive risk taking in care practice.
Go to www.gmit.ie/jobs-stimulus to:
- confirm if you are eligible to apply under the Jobs Stimulus initiative
- check if you meet the academic "Entry Requirements" for this level of module
How to Apply
We are accepting applications from Monday, 16th November 2020.
Read the Jobs Stimulus Online Admissions User Guide for step-by-step instructions BEFORE logging on to our online admissions system at the ‘Apply Here’ link below.
Note: On the online admissions system, you will find this module under the Application Type JS- Quality and Safety H/Care.
Apply here (Online Admissions System)
Start date: 18/01/2021
End date: 01/06/2021