Safer Systems (Jobs Stimulus Module)
Discipline: Nursing, Health Sciences and Social Care
NFQ Level: 9
Mode of Study: Online delivery
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Free to unemployed applicants. €98 to employed applicants (€875 funded by HEA)
This module aims to develop competencies of critical analysis and evaluation of safer systems in health and social care settings. It will focus on private, public and voluntary sectors. The learner will be challenged to critically discuss and evaluate a systems approach to patient/client/service user safety in a number of contexts. It will draw on themes from ancillary modules.
Safer Systems - 10 ECTS Credits
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Synthesise the learning from lessons through published investigation reports.
- Critique contemporary quality and safety issues in the health and social care.
- Evaluate people management tools and how they enhance the safety and quality of services.
- Critically discuss an example of innovative and safer system in a relevant work setting.
- Analyse improved safety in systems.
Go to www.gmit.ie/jobs-stimulus to:
- confirm if you are eligible to apply under the Jobs Stimulus initiative
- check if you meet the academic "Entry Requirements" for this level of module
How to Apply
We are accepting applications from Monday, 16th November 2020.
Read the Jobs Stimulus Online Admissions User Guide for step-by-step instructions BEFORE logging on to our online admissions system at the ‘Apply Here’ link below.
Note: On the online admissions system, you will find this module under the Admit Type JS- Quality and Safety H/Care.
Apply here (Online Admissions System)
Start date: 18/01/2021
End date: 01/06/2021