Bachelor of Science in Quality for Industry
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 7
Programme Duration: Two years
Mode of Study: Part time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Entry Requirements: See "Other Essential Information"
See fees for each Certificate
If you have a Level 6 Higher Certificate in Science or cognate discipline, your opportunities for promotion will be limited unless you obtain a degree.
This Bachelor of Science (Level 7) in Quality for Industry offers you a path to obtain an Ordinary (Level 7) degree, assuming you have a Higher Certificate in Business, Engineering or Science.
The Bachelor of Science (Level 7) in Quality for Industry (60 Credits, Level 7) incorporates the following:
Certificate in Quality (20 Credits, Level 7)
- Quality Management 1/ Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Part 1 (10 Credits Level 7)
- Quality Management 2/ Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Part 2 (10 Credits Level 7)
Certificate in Quality & Regulatory Affairs (20 Credits, Level 7)
- Regulatory Affairs & Compliance Auditing (10 Credits Level 7)
- Cleanroom Management (5 Credits Level 7)
- Validation (5 Credits Level 7)
Certificate in Quality - Statistics & Management (20 Credits, Level 7)
- Production & Supervisory Management (5 Credits Level 7)
- Six Sigma for Quality Management (5 Credits Level 7)
- Project (10 Credits Level 7)
Please go to the individual Certificates or Modules which need to be completed.
The full Bachelor of Science (Level 7) in Quality for Industry can be completed in two years of part-time studies.
The regulatory framework applying to medical devices and pharmaceuticals:
Modern quality management systems
Quality tools that enhance efficiencies
Process and production management
- The role of leadership in promoting quality standards in an organisation
- Problem solving techniques
- The production of controlled documentation and protocols
- Source, interpret and apply appropriate quality tools and methods from a suitable scientific or industrial source
- Design and implement quality assurance systems
- Participate effectively in change control operations and in technology transfer operations
To obtain the Bachelor of Science (Level 7) in Quality for Industry at GMIT, you need to have the following:
- 60 credits at Level 7 (the three Certificates below) plus
- 120 credits at Level 6 in a suitable/specified discipline (or a successful RPL application).
Note: All levels and credits referenced are per the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ)
1. 60 Credits at Level 7:
Currently GMIT are offering 60 credits at Level 7
- Certificate in Science in Quality (20 credits at Level 7)
- Certificate in Science in Quality Management & Regulatory Affairs (20 credits at Level 7)
- Certificate in Science in Quality for Industry (20 credits at Level 7)
While each of the above three certificates are awarded individually, students who have completed all three Certificates may wish to apply for the add on Bachelor of Science in Quality for Industry Degree provided they have 120 credits at Level 6 in a suitable/specified discipline as outlined below.
2. 120 credits at Level 6 in a suitable/specified discipline.
To provide evidence of compliance with this requirement, you must either:
(a) already have a Level 6 award (120 credits at Level 6) OR
(b) have been successful in obtaining an exemption from the requirement through an application to the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) http://www.myexperience.ie