Bachelor of Science in Quality for Industry (Add-On ) Honours DegreeOpening for Applications in January 2018
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 8
Programme Duration: Two years
Mode of Study: Part time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Entry Requirements: Level 7 Degree in Quality or equivalent
- Statistics and experimental design (10 credits @Level 8)
- Quality management systems & frameworks (5 credits & Level 8)
- Regulatory affairs (5 credits@ Level 8)
- Technical writing withcase studies (5 credits@ Level 8)
- Design quality assurance (5 credits & Level 8)
- Quality management operational excellence (10 credits @ Level 8)
- MIcrobial quality assurance (5 credits @ Level 8)
- Risk management (5 credits @ Level 8)
- Research project (10 credits @Level 8
The course schedule is:
YEAR 1 (Starting in September 2018)
- Semester 1 Statistics and experimental design 10
- Semester 1 Quality management systems & frameworks 5
- Semester 1 Technical writing with case studies 5
- Semester 2 Statistics and experimental design 10 (contd)
- Semester 2 Design Quality Assurance
- Semester 2 Regulatory Affairs
YEAR 2: (Also starting in September 2018)
- Semester 1 Quality management operational excellence 10
- Semester 1 Microbial quality assurance 5
- Semester 1 Risk management 5
- Semester 2 Quality management operational excellence 10 (contd)
- Semester 2 Research project 10
The purpose of the degree is to offer a structured, flexible and progressive programme of study to students.
The programme seeks to:
- Provide students with a broad, integrated approach to quality management, facilitating their progression in a quality role in industry or services.
- Provide students with the ability to develop and implement various quality systems which would lead to an accredited quality award.
- Provide the leadership and communication skills required to work at senior level in the area of quality and to effect change.
- Facilitate the students in developing expertise in various quality tools that cover the life cycle of various products and services.
On successful completion of this programme the learner will have detailed knowledge of:
- The regulatory framework governing the development and production of regulated products, particularly pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
- Quality management frameworks and standards.
- The interpretation of regulations and Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical, medical device sectors and other regulated industries
- The role of quality managers and quality supervisors in promoting and managing quality within an organization.
- Specific statistical process control tools that are used to identify quality issues.
- Management systems and laboratory practices associated with the management of cleanrooms and the control of sterilization processes.
- The use of auditing techniques to identify non-compliance issues.
Total fee (Tuition Fee plus Student Contribution) for the full 60 Credits is €6,000, which is equivalent to €500 per 5 credit module and €1,000 per 10 credit modue.
Payment can be made by Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Draft or Postal Order (made payable to GMIT). Payment in cash not possible.
Students who enrol for this Certificate will qualify for issuing of a GMIT Student ID Card.
- Wednesdays from September 2018 to May 2019, from 18:30 to 22:00, commencing Wednesday 19 September 2018
- Thursdays from September 2018 to May 2019, from 18:30 to 22:00, commencing Thursday 20 September 2018
- (Evening TBD) from September 2018 to May 2019, from 18:30 to 22:00, commencing Wednesday 19 September 2018
- (Evening TBD) from September 2018 to May 2019, from 18:30 to 22:00, commencing Thursday 20 September 2018
The timetable for Year 2, commencing in September 2018, is:
Statistics & Experimental Design Wednesday 6.30 PM -10 PM
Quality Management Systems & Frameworks Thursday 6.30 PM -10 PM
Tech writing & case studies Wednesday and Thursday (6.30 PM-10 PM)
The Level 8 degree in Quality for Industry was designed as an add-on to the Level 7 award in Quality for Industry. If you hold the Level 7 degree in Quality for Industry (or equivalent from another college), then you are eligible to apply for the Level 8 degree. Other qualifications will be assessed ona case-by-case basis for equivalence t GMIT's Level 7 degree in Quality for Industry Places will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis for fully completed applications.
The course is delivered in the GMIT Galway Campus, Dublin Road, Galway. The room will be advised on the Notice Board in Reception on the first night.
Closing Date for Applications
30th August 2018. If all places are taken on the course the status of the course will change from “Open for Applications” to “Course Full”.
You must download, complete fully and return by email (not by post) the Application Form which is in the form of a MS-Excel file. Incomplete forms/ postal applications will be returned.