Certificate in Medical Device Technology (Daytime)Closed for Applications
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 6
Programme Duration: One year
Mode of Study: Part time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Entry Requirements: Leaving Certificate
The vast majority of graduates from this course have proceeded to gain employment within the Medical Device sector.
This programme covers subjects such as:
- Medical Device Technology
- Design and Material selection of Medical Devices
- Overview of manufacturing techniques
- Lean and Six Sigma
- Yellow Belt Problem Solving training
- Quality Standards including ISO 13485 and FDA 21CFR Part 820
- Regulatory Affairs
- Quality Auditing
- Documentation controls
- Environmental Controls including cleanroom behaviours
- Current Industrial Concepts
- Learning and Innovation skills
Guest speakers and site visits are incorporated into this course, as applicable.
Certificate in Medical Device Technology is a Level 6 special purpose award.
The programme will be delivered in GMIT Galway campus, Dublin Road, Galway on Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 9.30am to 1.30pm for the academic year (Sept 2019 to May 2020).
- There is a work placement in Semester 2.
- For those that are already working, this aspect of the course may occur in their current workplace as a project.
For those that are not working, the college will work with students to select a placement/project that meets the placement requirements of the certificate.
To apply email the attached application form to email@example.com
Graduate and Professional Development
Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
Tel: +353 (0)91 742328