Certificate in Quality Management (Part Time)Applications for September 2021 will open on 06th April
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 7
Programme Duration: Two years
Mode of Study: Part time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Entry Requirements: Minimum of a major award at Level 6 (Higher Certificate) to be eligible to apply.
€800 for Quality Management 1/ Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Part 1
€800 for Quality Management 2/ Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Part 2
- This Certificate in Quality incorporates the learning outcomes of the Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Management.
- This Certificate in Quality, along with (a) the Certificate in Quality & Regulatory Affairs and (b) Certificate in Quality for Industry - Statistics & Management, make up the Bachelor of Science (Ordinary) Degree in Quality for Industry.
The make-up of the Certificate in Quality is:
- Quality Management 1/ Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Part 1 (10 Credits Level 7)
- Quality Management 2/ Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Part 2 (10 Credits Level 7)
- The Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality qualification helps operators move into Quality Inspector - type roles.
- The Bachelor of Science in Quality for Industry helps people obtain promotion to Line Leader/ Supervisor roles.
Certificate in Quality & Regulatory Affairs (20 Credits, Level 7)
Certificate in Quality for Industry - Statistics & Management (20 Credits, Level 7)
There are additional membership and exam fees (€175 per year) payable directly to Excellence Ireland.
Quality Management 1 and 2 commence in September 2021.
The first half of this Certificate (Quality Management 1/ Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Part 1) is delivered on Tuesday evenings, from 6.30pm-9.30pm, from September 2021 to May 2022.
The second half of this Certificate (Quality Management 2/ Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Part 2) (10 Credits Level 7) is delivered on Tuesday evenings the following year, from 6.30pm-9.30pm, from September 2022 to May 2023.
It is possible to complete all three Certificates in two years. This is subject to the timetable and may change in future years. For an overview of the Special Purpose Awards in Quality please see here
- Applicants must hold a minimum of a major award at Level 6 (Higher Certificate) to be eligible to apply for the Level 7 Special Purpose Award.
- It is a prerequisite, that you have passed Quality Management 1 before you can start Quality Management 2, Six Sigma or the Project modules.
Eligibility Criteria for individual Special Purpose Awards or for the full Level 7 degree:
To do the full Level 7 degree in Quality for Industry, you need to hold a Level 6 award in Science, Business or Engineering. If you have foreign qualifications, please send an official transcript (with English translation if necessary) to Learn@gmit.ie so that we can map your award to the Irish system.
Recognition of your experience in industry (also known as recognition of prior learning (RPL)):
If you do not hold a Level 6 award, and if you have significant experience in industry (medical device, or pharmaceutical industry), then you could apply to GMIT to have your work experience reviewed to determine if it can be accredited as being the equivalent to a Level 6 award. For more information or to apply, go to http://www.myexperience.ie
Online applications for September 2021 will open on 06th April.
How to Apply
***Applications can be made online at https://apply.gmit.ie, please select application type Q7***.
Please refer to this FAQ which may address any specific questions relating to the Quality Special Purpose Awards.
This user guide contains step by step instructions on how to create and submit an online application.
If you have any queries on this please email Learn@gmit.ie
Recognition of Prior Learning may be used to gain access to this programme in accordance with GMIT’s Recognition of Prior Learning policy. For more information on the RPL policy, please visit https://www.myexperience.ie/about/how-rpl-works/
Closing Date for Applications
30th August, 2021.
Students who enrol for this Certificate will qualify for issuing of a GMIT Student ID Card.
It is important to note that by enrolling on the Certificate in Quality at GMIT, which is run in conjunction with Excellence Ireland Quality Association (EIQA), you are agreeing to your personal information (name, email address, phone number and examination results) being shared with EIQA for the purpose of obtaining your Diploma in Quality.
Department of Graduate Studies and Professional Development
Dublin Rd. Galway
Tel: 085 8567558