Certificate in Quality (Part Time)A Certificate at Level 7 that provides the basic skills needed to work in Quality (e.g. Quality Inspector). Part-time course with one evening class per week.
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 7
Programme Duration: Two years
Mode of Study: Part time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Entry Requirements: None for Quality Management 1
€800 for Quality Management 1/ Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Part 1
€800 for Quality Management 2/ Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Part 2
- This Certificate in Quality incorporates the learning outcomes of the Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Management.
- This Certificate in Quality, along with (a) the Certificate in Quality & Regulatory Affairs and (b) Certificate in Quality for Industry - Statistics & Management, make up the Bachelor of Science (Ordinary) Degree in Quality for Industry.
The make-up of the Certificate in Quality is:
- Quality Management 1/ Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Part 1 (10 Credits Level 7)
- Quality Management 2/ Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Part 2 (10 Credits Level 7)
- The Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality qualification helps operators move into Quality Inspector - type roles.
The Bachelor of Science in Quality for Industry helps people obtain promotion to Line Leader/ Supervisor roles.
Certificate in Quality & Regulatory Affairs (20 Credits, Level 7)
Certificate in Quality for Industry - Statistics & Management (20 Credits, Level 7)
There are additional membership and exam fees (€150 per year) payable directly to Excellence Ireland.
- Quality Management 1 and 2 commence on Tuesday, 17th September 2019.
- The first half of this Certificate (Quality Management 1/ Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Part 1) is delivered on Tuesday evenings, from 7pm to 10pm, from September 2019 to May 2020.
- The second half of this Certificate (Quality Management 2/ Excellence Ireland Diploma in Quality Part 2) (10 Credits Level 7) is delivered on Tuesday evenings the following year, from 7pm to 10pm, from September to May.
It is possible to complete all three Certificates in two years. This is subject to the timetable and may change in future years.
- There are no entry requirements to undertake Quality Management 1.
- It is a prerequisite, however, that you have passed Quality Management 1 before you can start Quality Management 2.
Eligibility for the full Level 7 degree:
To do the full Level 7 degree in Quality for Industry, you need to hold a Level 6 award in Science, Business or Engineering. If you have foreign qualifications, please contact QQI / NARIC website (http://qsearch.qqi.ie/WebPart/Search?searchtype=recognitions) which may be able to map your foreign award to the Irish system.
Recognition of your experience in industry (also known as recognition of prior learning (RPL)):
If you don’t hold a Level 6 award, and if you have significant experience in industry (medical device, or pharmaceutical industry), then you could apply to GMIT to review your work experience to see if your work experience can be accredited as being the same as a Level 6 award. For more information or to apply go to http://www.myexperience.ie
Applying to study individual certificates or individual modules:
If you do not hold a Level 6 award, and you do not have sufficient experience to get it recognised as equivalent to a Level 6, you can still do all the modules in the degree. You will not graduate with a degree, but will graduate with three separate Certificates. Alternatively, you can apply to do a particular Certificate or a particular module(s).
Closing Date for Applications
30th August, 2019.
You must download, complete fully and return by email (not by post) the Application Form. Incomplete files/ postal applications will be returned.
Students who enrol for this Certificate will qualify for issuing of a GMIT Student ID Card.
It is important to note that by enrolling on the Certificate in Quality at GMIT, which is run in conjunction with Excellence Ireland Quality Association (EIQA), you are agreeing to your personal information (name, email address, phone number and examination results) being shared with EIQA for the purpose of obtaining your Diploma in Quality.