Quality for the Medical Device Industry - SPRINGBOARD+
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 8
Programme Duration: One year
Mode of Study: Part time
Entry Requirements: Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Quality for Industry (Level 7), or equivalent
Free to unemployed applicants. €400 for employed applicants.
- The aim of this programme is to provide you with the skills to play key roles in quality management and quality engineering within the medical device sector.
- You will cover key areas such as Regulatory Affairs, Quality Management and Operational Excellence.
- Forfas published a report in April 2013 "Future skills requirements of the manufacturing sector to 2020" and this highlighted acritical shortage of skills in Quality Engineering.
- The Future skills needs analysis report for the medical technology section in Ireland to 2020, issued in 2017 by the Irish Medtech Association, identifies the potential to create an additional 4,000 jobs by 2020.
- GMIT have collaborated with the local Medical Device sector to develop this programme which will deliver key skills within the Quality Engineering field.
- This programme has the support of a large number of indigenous and multinational-based Medical Device companies.
- It will be delivered in a flexible fashion in order to facilitate those working in the sector to also complete the programme.
- Statistics and experimental design (10 credits at Level 8)
- Quality management systems & frameworks (5 credits at Level 8)
- Technical writing with case studies (5 credits at Level 8)
- Design Quality Assurance (5 credits at Level 8)
- Regulatory Affairs (5 credits at Level 8)
- Research project (10 credits at Level 8)
The above modules make up the first 40 credits/Year 1 of the 60 credit Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Quality for Industry (Add-On Degree)
The remaining 20 credits are offered in Year 2, subject to their being a viable number of applications, at a fee of €2,000 (not Springboard funded).
Learners can progress on to Year 2 of the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Quality for Industry (Add-On Degree).
Delivery is mainly online.
You will also be required to attend the GMIT campus for additional sessions on Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 18:00 to 22:00. (September 2020 to May 2021)
Apply on www.springboardcourses.ie
To complete your application process you must upload the following
- A scanned copy of your EU Passport, or a scanned copy of your non-EU Passport with a copy of your Stamp 4 visas since 2017.
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae.
- A copy of your Level 7 Degree/ Major Award or highest other qualification. Translated if not in English
You must also supply ONE of the following
- A scanned copy of a recent payslip if employed showing your PPSN, OR
- A scanned copy of a recent payment slip if in receipt of jobseekers allowance/benefit, OR
- A copy of a recent bank statement showing receipt of a different, eligible, Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection payment, OR
- A letter from your accountant confirming that you are self-employed, OR
- An affidavit signed by you and the appropriate third-party confirming that you are a homemaker.
Graduate & Professional Development
Galway Mayo Institute of Technology
Tel: (0)85 805 3691 (09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday)
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020