Applied Sensory Analysis (Jobs Stimulus Module)
Discipline: Tourism, Hospitality, Heritage & Culinary Arts
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 8
Mode of Study: Blended Learning
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Free to unemployed applicants. €43 to employed applicants (€385 funded by HEA)
This module builds on the knowledge gained in earlier food science, culinary arts and gastronomy modules. This module critically evaluates sensory analysis concepts and theories. This module provides graduates with an opportunity to develop novel and innovative sensory concepts for food product development evalautions.
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Critically evaluate the role of sensory analysis concepts and theories to the food service and food manufacturing sectors.
- Appraise the inter-relationship between food science, culinary arts and gastrononmy underpinning the stages involved in sensory analysis.
- Appraise sensory research from a variety of sources to identify potential food product development opportunities.
- Identify, critically evaluate and apply the key elements and procedures associated with sensory analysis testing, and analyse the implications of the results achieved.
- Experience group decision making, team roles, and cross functional co-operation.
- Write present and defend material that articulates ideas, insights and analysis.
Go to www.gmit.ie/jobs-stimulus to:
- confirm if you are eligible to apply under the Jobs Stimulus initiative
- check if you meet the academic "Entry Requirements" for this level of module
How to Apply
We are accepting applications from Monday, 16th November 2020.
Read the Jobs Stimulus Online Admissions User Guide for step-by-step instructions BEFORE logging on to our online admissions system at the ‘Apply Here’ link below.
Note: On the online admissions system, you will find this module under the Application Type JS- International Hotel Mgmt.
Apply here (Online Admissions System)
Start date: 18/01/2021
End date: 30/04/2021