Approaches to Archaeology 1: Cartographic History and Field Monument Id (Jobs Stimulus Module)This module focuses on two sub-disciplines relating to archaeological, architectural, historical and geographical research a) cartography and built heritage research; b) field monument identification and assessment.
Discipline: Tourism, Hospitality, Heritage & Culinary Arts
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 7
Mode of Study: Blended Learning
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Free to unemployed applicants. €53 to employed applicants (€469 funded by HEA)
Approaches to Archaeology 1: Cartographic History and Field Monument Id
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Classify and date the main categories of field monuments, buildings and other structural remains in the Irish countryside;
- Be knowledgeable of the main legal issues surrounding the ownership of, and access to, field monuments in Ireland;
- Make preliminary cultural evaluations and risk-assessments of same;
- Display a knowledge of the principal cartographic sources and repositories available for the study of built heritage in Ireland and Britain.
- Read and understand cartographic sources from a built heritage point of view.
- Employ cartographic data intelligently in study and research work.
Go to www.gmit.ie/jobs-stimulus to:
- confirm if you are eligible to apply under the Jobs Stimulus initiative
- check if you meet the academic "Entry Requirements" for this level of module
How to Apply
We are accepting applications from Monday, 16th November 2020.
Read the Jobs Stimulus Online Admissions User Guide for step-by-step instructions BEFORE logging on to our online admissions system at the ‘Apply Here’ link below.
Note: On the online admissions system, you will find this module under the Application Type JS- Heritage Studies.
Apply here (Online Admissions System)
Start date: 18/01/2021
End date: 30/04/2021
Vice President International Engagement
Head of Galway International Hotel School
Email: Cáit Noone