Communications and Customer Care (Jobs Stimulus Module)This module is designed to aid one personal and professinal communications skills in order to effectively create and share accurate information in a sensitive manner to co-workers, colleagues and customers.
Discipline: Tourism, Hospitality, Heritage & Culinary Arts
NFQ Level: 6
Mode of Study: Online delivery
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Free to unemployed applicants. €57 to employed applicants (€505 funded by HEA)
Communications and Customer Care - 5 ECTS Credits
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Define those factors which contribute to effective communication
- Utilise the knowledge and apply the skills necessary for the successful practice of written, oral and non-verbal communication
- Exhibit how to marshal information quickly
- Explain the concept of customer service
- Explain how interpersonal skills and professionalism are perceived by and impact upon customers and colleagues in the workplace
- Identify the components of an effective service recovery process
- Identify the demands of the workplace, and the role of reflection in both skills development and personal development
Go to www.gmit.ie/jobs-stimulus to:
- confirm if you are eligible to apply under the Jobs Stimulus initiative
- check if you meet the academic "Entry Requirements" for this level of module
How to Apply
We are accepting applications from Monday, 16th November 2020.
Read the Jobs Stimulus Online Admissions User Guide for step-by-step instructions BEFORE logging on to our online admissions system at the ‘Apply Here’ link below.
Note: On the online admissions system, you will find this module under the Application Type JS- International Hotel Mgmt.
Apply here (Online Admissions System)
Start date: 18/01/2021
End date: 30/04/2021
Vice President International Engagement
Head of Galway International Hotel School
Email: Cáit Noone