Hospitality Management (Jobs Stimulus Module)The aim of this module is to keep students as updated as possible regarding the hospitality industry by focusing on contemporary topics and emerging trends.
Discipline: Tourism, Hospitality, Heritage & Culinary Arts
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 7
Mode of Study: Online delivery
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Free to unemployed applicants. €42 to employed applicants (€375 funded by HEA)
Hospitality Management - 5 ECTS Credits
On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Hospitality Industry both nationally and internationally.
- Understand and evaluate the external factors impacting on the complex and dynamic hospitality industry.
- Develop proficiency in conducting internal analysis of operational business.
- Understand the principles of franchising and other management options in the hospitality industry.
- Monitor and evaluate contemporary developments in the hospitality business environment.
- Develop an appreciation of the role of ancillary services in Hospitality Operations.
- Gain understanding of the impact of crises and develop response strategies to address same.
Go to www.gmit.ie/jobs-stimulus to:
- confirm if you are eligible to apply under the Jobs Stimulus initiative
- check if you meet the academic "Entry Requirements" for this level of module
How to apply
We are accepting applications from Monday, 16th November 2020.
Read the Jobs Stimulus Online Admissions User Guide for step-by-step instructions BEFORE logging on to our online admissions system at the ‘Apply Here’ link below.
Note: On the online admissions system, you will find this module under the Application Type JS- International Hotel Mgmt.
Apply here (Online Admissions System)
Start date: 18/01/2021
End date: 30/04/2021
Vice President International Engagement
Head of Galway International Hotel School
Email: Cáit Noone