Tourism Geography (Jobs Stimulus Module)
Discipline: Tourism, Hospitality, Heritage & Culinary Arts
NFQ Level: 7
Mode of Study: Online delivery
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Free to unemployed applicants. €53 to employed applicants (€469 funded by HEA)
This module will provide the learner with an understanding of the geography of Ireland and the rest of the world. It will highlight the impact of geography on travel related decisions and associated tourism products. It will also describe the appeal of Ireland and different destinations worldwide.
Tourism Geography - 5 ECTS Credits
Learning Outcomes: On completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the geography of Ireland as it relates to tourism
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the geography of the rest of the world as it relates to tourism
- Understand the impact of geography on travel-related decisions
- Understand the appeal of different destinations
- Identify the geographic location of major travel and tourism hubs and centres
- Recognise the current and future trends of travel geography
Go to www.gmit.ie/jobs-stimulus to:
- confirm if you are eligible to apply under the Jobs Stimulus initiative
- check if you meet the academic "Entry Requirements" for this level of module
How to Apply
We are accepting applications from Monday, 16th November 2020.
Read the Jobs Stimulus Online Admissions User Guide for step-by-step instructions BEFORE logging on to our online admissions system at the ‘Apply Here’ link below.
Note: On the online admissions system, you will find this module under the Application Type JS- Business in Tourism.
Apply here (Online Admissions System)
Start date: 18/01/2021
End date: 30/04/2021
Vice President International Engagement
Head of Galway International Hotel School
Email: Cáit Noone