Bachelor of Business (Honours) Mayo (Add On)
NFQ Level: 8
Programme Duration: One year add-on
Mode of Study: Full time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
GMIT Mayo Campus offers a one year, add-on honours degree (Level 8) in Business. The Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Add-on) is a broad-based, inter-disciplinary programme which offers a progression route for graduates of Bachelor of Business (Level 7) programmes. Students that progress to Level 8 have the opportunity to augment their skills and enhance their employability. For those who wish to specialise in accounting, this degree also offers the possibility to graduate with a Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Accounting, subject to taking certain electives.
• Strategic Management
• Political Economy
• Management Control Systems
• Critical Thinking
• Corporate Ethics & Governance.
• International Marketing
• Strategic Marketing
• Strategic Human Resource Management
• Gender & Organisations
• Innovation Management
• ICT Project Management
• New Venture Creation
• Management Accounting 4
• Corporate Finance
• Business Combination Accounting
As a graduate of this programme, you may go on to:
• Become a manager in a small business or a multinational company.
• Become a manager in a public sector or voluntary organisation.
• Have a career in accounting, financial services, purchasing, retail management, marketing or human resource management.
• Gain exemptions from professional bodies in accounting or human resource management.
• Progress to Master’s Degree level in your chosen specialisation.
• Set up and manage your own business.
GMIT honours (Level 8) qualifications are recognised worldwide for postgraduate entry.
The first week of the programme will include a series of workshops/seminars devoted to enhancing basic skills including team-working, case study method, communications and basic ICT applications.
Tel: +353 (0)94 9043139