Postgraduate Opportunities

Find out about GMIT's Taught and Research Masters today

1. Taught Postgraduate

Pursuing a postgraduate opportunity in GMIT will allow you to deepen your knowledge and hone your skills, complement your undergraduate degree or change career direction.

All our taught postgraduate courses have an applied focus and are directed at the needs of the employment market in Ireland and beyond.

Browse our Taught Postgraduate courses here.  Please note we are now taking applications for 2021.


NEW FOR 2019: Master of Science in Digital Media and Marketing

GMIT Mayo is pleased to announce a brand-new part-time post graduate programme, the MSc in Digital Media and Marketing, which will commence delivery in January 2020. 

Applications are open now - please apply using the link below.


NEW FOR 2019 – Master of Science and Postgraduate Diploma in Palliative and End of Life Care

For January and September 2020 entry, we are now offering a MSc in Palliative and End of Life Care and a Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Palliative and End of Life Care at our Mayo campus.

Applications are open now - please apply using the link below.


***How to apply***

GMIT accepts direct applications for full-time taught postgraduates from the 1st January 2021 until 31 May 2021 through Online Admissions. Please note some programmes may have a different closing date.

Apply for a taught postgraduate now (link to external site)


2. Research Postgraduate

A research degree at GMIT will provide you with comprehensive training in a specific discipline area.

Our programmes combine research method training, coursework and in some cases industry experience under the guidance of an expert academic supervisor.

Research Postgraduate opportunities at GMIT are offered at Level 9 (Masters) and Level 10 (PhD).

Funding for postgraduate studies can generally be sourced from the following:

- Project-Funding: Researchers at GMIT will advertise opportunities for Masters and PhDs throughout the year on our Research Vacancies page. Students may also apply directly to funding bodies, for example the Irish Research Council

- Self-Funding: This is where a potential student has a specific research proposal to use as the basis for their study.  If you are a self-funded student intending to study for a Masters or PhD, please contact our Research Office

- Business/Industry Funding: If you are from Business/Industry and wish to collaborate on a research project with GMIT, while studying for a Masters or PhD qualification, please contact our office today.

Searching for a Supervisor

It is extremely important that you have the support of a supervisor for your project. 

If you would like us to help you find a supervisor, or if you would like further information about our Research themes and areas, please contact the Research Office directly.