Pre-entry Scholarships and Entry Schemes
Opening for Applications - March 20th, 2023
ATU awards up to twelve financial scholarships to the value of €5,000 each to support students entering ATU who are from socio-economically or other disadvantaged backgrounds, or those who have faced difficult personal circumstances.
This financial scholarship is provided in increments over the duration of the programme of study.
In addition, scholarship applicants may be eligible for a reduced-points offer of up to 50 CAO points, subject to availability.
Note: Applicants must have taken the Leaving Certificate exams within the last two years.
A candidate must satisfy the following conditions:
Be a new entrant to higher education.
Be a citizen of an EU/EEA member state, Switzerland, or the UK.
Have taken the Leaving Certificate exams within the last two years.
Be a current applicant for a ATU programme through the CAO and satisfy the general and specific criteria for entry.
Have family income under the current threshold for the third-level maintenance grant scheme.
Criteria for Selection
Compliance with conditions specified at 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 above.
Leaving Certificate points within 50 points of the first-round cut-off point for the chosen programme.
An academic reference is required as part of the assessment process. Applicants should request an academic reference from their school.
Nominated candidates may be short-listed. Those short-listed may be interviewed in August, following Leaving Certificate results and CAO first round offers.
How to apply
Applications for the 2023/24 academic year open on March 20th 2023 and Close on June 30th 2023@ 5pm
For further information please click here. All applications must be submitted by 30th June 2023.
If you require any further support, please contact the Access & Participation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Sports and Cultural Achievement (SSCA) Scheme NOW OPEN FOR 23/24
The SSCA Scheme is a special entry scheme (worth up to 50 points) targeted at outstanding sportspersons and those who have made a significant contribution to cultural activities. Ten additional places will be reserved for candidates who are committed to further developing their sporting, cultural and academic careers.
A maximum of two places will be available on any ATU full-time programme, except for the following:
- AU671 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Medical Science
- AU690 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in General Nursing
- AU691 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Psychiatric Nursing
- AU680 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Education (Design, Graphics & Construction)
- AU620 Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Art, Design & Communication Graphics
Candidates will be required to fulfil the following criteria:
- Satisfy the ATU minimum entry requirements (general entry requirements and specific programme entry requirements) for the programme(s) to which they are applying.
- Demonstrate evidence of sporting or cultural achievements. Candidates will be assessed on sporting/cultural achievement and academic performance.
How to apply
Applications for the 2023/24 academic year are now open.
To begin your application please click here. All applications must be submitted by 31th July 2023.
For further information, please contact the Access & Participation Office by email at email@example.com or School Liaison Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships are available for Non-EU students giving up to a 30% discount off the quoted fee.
If you are a Non-EU student thinking of applying to study in ATU then you may qualify for a scholarship in recognition of your English language attainment, your country of origin, or both.
For further information contact the International Office.
Uversity’s scholarships are for adult learners to acquire a bachelor’s degree for the first time that will transform their lives and those around them.
Scholarships enable successful candidates to pursue a degree in any discipline in selected institutions on the island of Ireland. Preference is given to candidates enrolling on full-time programmes. Other programmes will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 23 years by 1st January in the year of enrolment.
- Be a citizen of an EU/EEA member state, Switzerland or the UK or have permanent leave to remain in the Irish State.
- Be resident on the island of Ireland for 3 years of the last 5 years.
- Be applying, have applied or have been admitted to a bachelor’s degree in one of Uversity’s participating institutions for the relevant academic year.
For more information and to apply visit: https://www.uversity.org/
Scholarships for those in the International Protection System living in Ireland who are not eligible for state supports and are progressing to undergraduate higher education for the first time.
This scholarship covers:
- All fees (Student Contribution, Tuition Fees and Materials Fees)
- Cost of maintenance to the value of the Full Adjacent Top up Grant
- A mentor to support and guide successful applicants throughout their time at ATU.
To apply applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
1. Must be in the International Protection System, living in Ireland (except at deportation stage)
Hold an unconditional offer of a place with ATU Galway Mayo
Be an entrant into higher education in Ireland for the first time
Not be eligible for any state supports.
ATU's Sanctuary Scholarship details and Application Form
Opening and Closing Date of Applications
Opening Date for the application form is the 6th of April 2023 and Closing Date is 31st of August 2023.
ATU supports the development of talented athletes and recognises the increasing need for them to successfully balance academic and sporting commitments.
ATU facilitates this vision through the Sports Scholarship Programme.
If you would like further information or would like to discuss the scholarship programme in more detail, please contact email@example.com