Certificate in IT Project Management
NFQ Level: 7
Programme Duration: One year
Mode of Study: Full time
Application Route: Apply through www.springboardcourses.ie
Entry Requirements: The minimum entry requirements is a Level 6 Higher Certificate in Computing/Technology/Business or cognate area.
200 Euros if employed
Please see www.springboardcourses.ie/eligibility for full criteria
- Opportunity Information Technology practitioners to upskill in current best practices of project and operations management.
- Best practices including PRINCE2 (Project in Controlled Environment) and ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) and Agile Scrum.
NOTE: This course is now closed for applications.
If approved under Springboard+, it will open for applications on www.springboardcourses.ie in May/ June 2021.
The start date if approved would be January 2021.
Eligibility criteria for Springboard courses can be viewed here (PDF)
Information Technology Project Management - download module details here (PDF)
information Technology Operations Management - download module details here (PDF)
Software Project Management - download module details here (PDF)
Work Based Project Management - download module details here (PDF)
On successful completion of this programme the learner will/should be able to:
1. Demonstrate specialised knowledge and understanding of concepts and application in information technology, operations and software project management methodologies within a broad business context.
2. Apply the concepts and methodologies of information technology, operations and software project management.
3. Implement appropriate information technology, operations and software project management methodologies.
4. Create and present professional project management documentation.
5. Justify the selection and application of appropriate project management methodology and associated tool(s).
6. Recognise appropriate project management best practices relevant to a range of real-world contexts.
7. Work effectively as a IT/software project manager of an interdisciplinary team.
8. Plan and organise work, monitor project work against a plan and evaluate post project implementation.
9. Apply knowledge learned in future projects.
10. Take advantage of and leverage the benefits of diversity in teams.
Course Start Date:
September 2021 if approved under Springboard+2021- check www.springboardcourses.ie for actual start date
Fully online with recorded lectures, followed by online discussion groups with the lecturers
Applications must be made through www.springboardcourses.ie
The Springboard+ Programme is operated by the Higher Education Authority on behalf of the Department of Education and Skills and is co-funded by the Irish Government and the European Union under the European Structural and Investment Funds Programme 2021-2027.
School: School of Business
Department: Department of Enterprise & Technology
Head of Department Eamon Walsh
Programme Chair: Noreen Henry Email: firstname.lastname@example.org up to end June 2021
Contact person for the course
Graduate Studies & Professional Development
Galway Mayo Institute of Technology
085 805 3691 from 09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday
Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2021-2027