About the Centre for Creative Arts & Media (CCAM)
Students interested in being part of a global transformation using creativity and innovation are drawn to our courses in Creative Arts and Media. Located on the Monivea road in Galway city, we use a hands on learning approach at Centre for the Creative Arts and Media (CCAM). We offer hours of practical work and studio engagement, encouraging students to explore their creative side, enabling them to carve their own path in the inventive industries.
Unique in the Irish educational landscape, CCAM offers undergraduate studies for a host of courses in a vibrant community of learning and exchange. Showcasing a highly collaborative learning environment, equipped with film editing suites, computer labs and other essential workspaces, classes are delivered by expert staff who are passionate about their research and profession.
Enrolling in a course in the creative arts and media can be life-enhancing and is invaluable in stimulating creative thinking and promoting adaptability. With room to explore and engage, attempts at artistic expression are valued, spontaneity and risk taking encouraged, self esteem is enhanced and differences celebrated. Arts education is integral to education, in helping provoke discussion, enhance imaginations, embrace thinking and sensitivity to a range of topics, and can be a focus for social and cultural development for third level students.
Awards and accolades are gathered and achieved year on year by learners, lecturers and graduates, paving the way for leadership in the worlds of Art, Television and Film, all reinforcing the fact that CCAM is indeed an exceptional place to study.
We offer a number of courses at Level 7, Level 8 and Level 9:
- Bachelor of Arts in Contemporary Art (GA 273)
- Bachelor of Arts in Design (GA274)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Film and Documentary (GA281)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Contemporary Arts (GA 283)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Design (GA284)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Fine Art – Add On Honours Degree (Direct Entry)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Design in Textiles – Add On Honours Degree (Direct Entry)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice
- Master of Arts in Creative Practice
Download the catalogues from our recent graduate degree shows here:
Graduate Degree Show 2016 (PDF, 4.2MB)
Graduate Degree Show 2015 (PDF, 34MB)
GMIT Centre for Creative Arts and Media