CNC Programmer - Darren Flanagan
“The work placement during my college course gave me a great opportunity to apply what I had learned, develop new skills and really see how the industry works.”
Darren Flanagan, Graduate of BSc (Hons) in Furniture and Wood Technology 2015 GMIT Letterfrack
Glen Wood in Tullamore, Co. Offaly, are an award winning company specialising in bespoke architectural joinery and interiors. They have worked on a range of projects including the Avivia Stadium, Dublin Airport and the Shelbourne Hotel. Darren’s job include:
- Writing programmes for a CNC and other computer controlled machines.
- Monitoring the condition of the tooling and replacing cutters when they become worn out.
- Having responsibility for the safe operation of machines and ensuring health and safety standards are met.
- Devising a work schedule for production that minimises the development of bottlenecks.
- Learning about on new software, equipment and production techniques.