Product Designer - Barry Liston
“My decision to study at GMIT Letterfrack was hands-down the best decision I have ever made.”
Barry Liston, Graduate of BSc (Hons) Furniture Design & Manufacture, 2007, GMIT Letterfrack
Barry Liston is the CEO of Grasshopper Skateboards Ltd. Ireland’s first skateboard brand and manufacturer. His company, based in Co. Kerry, uses a newly developed bio-composite material for the sustainable production of skateboards. As a product designer Barry:
- Explores new opportunities for product development.
- Researches people’s behaviour patterns and how they interact with products.
- Develops design concepts and creates prototypes.
- Researches new materials and tests their performance properties.
- Thoroughly analyses all costs of each component and process.
- Understands the importance of marketing and promoting his products.
- Seeks investment opportunities from funding agencies and private investors.