Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Quality for Industry (Add-On Degree)A two year, Add-On, Level 8 Honours Degree. Part-time. Evening classes.
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 8
Programme Duration: Two years
Mode of Study: Part time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Entry Requirements: Level 7 Degree in Quality or equivalent
10% of normal fees for first 40 credits. See "Quality for the Medical Device Industry" course on www.springboardcourses.ie
The purpose of the degree is to offer a structured, flexible and progressive programme of study.
The programme seeks to:
- Provide you with a broad, integrated approach to quality management, facilitating your progression in a quality role in industry or services.
- Provide you with the ability to develop and implement various quality systems which would lead to an accredited quality award.
- Provide the leadership and communication skills required to work at senior level in the area of quality and to effect change.
- Facilitate you in developing expertise in various quality tools that cover the life cycle of various products and services.
YEAR 1 (Starting in September 2019)
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
YEAR 2: (Also starting in September 2019)
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
On successful completion of this programme you will have detailed knowledge of:
- The regulatory framework governing the development and production of regulated products, particularly pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
- Quality management frameworks and standards.
- The interpretation of regulations and Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical, medical device sectors and other regulated industries
- The role of quality managers and quality supervisors in promoting and managing quality within an organisation.
- Specific statistical process control tools that are used to identify quality issues.
- Management systems and laboratory practices associated with the management of cleanrooms and the control of sterilisation processes.
- The use of auditing techniques to identify non-compliance issues.
Attendance at GMIT
- Each Wednesday and Thursday (September 2019 to May 2020) from 18:00 to 22:00
- Each Thursday (September 2019 to May 2020) from 18:00 to 22:00, commencing Thursday 19th September 2019
The Level 8 degree in Quality for Industry was designed as an add-on to the Level 7 award in Quality for Industry.
If you hold a different Level 7 qualification then this will be assessed to determine if it is a suitable Level 7 qualification for admission.
Relevant, technical work experience in the medical device / pharma sector will be taken into account in this assessment.
Please read this DOCUMENT before completing your application.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Students who enrol for this Certificate will qualify for issuing of a GMIT Student ID Card.