Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Quality for Industry (Add-On Degree)Applications for September 2021 open on 06th April
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 8
Programme Duration: Two years
Mode of Study: Part time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Entry Requirements: Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Quality for Industry (Level 7), or equivalent
10% of normal fees for first 40 credits. See "Quality for the Medical Device Industry" course on www.springboardcourses.ie
The purpose of the degree is to offer a structured, flexible and progressive programme of study.
The programme seeks to:
- Provide you with a broad, integrated approach to quality management, facilitating your progression in a quality role in industry or services.
- Provide you with the ability to develop and implement various quality systems which would lead to an accredited quality award.
- Provide the leadership and communication skills required to work at senior level in the area of quality and to effect change.
- Facilitate you in developing expertise in various quality tools that cover the life cycle of various products and services.
YEAR 1 (Starting in September 2020)
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
YEAR 2: (Also starting in September 2020)
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
On successful completion of this programme you will have detailed knowledge of:
- The regulatory framework governing the development and production of regulated products, particularly pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
- Quality management frameworks and standards.
- The interpretation of regulations and Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical, medical device sectors and other regulated industries
- The role of quality managers and quality supervisors in promoting and managing quality within an organisation.
- Specific statistical process control tools that are used to identify quality issues.
- Management systems and laboratory practices associated with the management of cleanrooms and the control of sterilisation processes.
- The use of auditing techniques to identify non-compliance issues.
Attendance at GMIT
- Each Wednesday and Thursday (September 2021 to May 2022) from 18:00 to 22:00
- Each Thursday (September 2021 to May 2022) from 18:00 to 22:00
The Level 8 degree in Quality for Industry was designed as an add-on to the Level 7 award in Quality for Industry.
Applicants must hold a cognate award at Level 7 to be eligible to apply.
Relevant, technical work experience in the medical device / pharma sector will be taken into account in this assessment.
Please read this DOCUMENT before completing your application.
Online applications open on 06th April for September 2021 commencement.
How to Apply
***Applications can be made online at https://apply.gmit.ie, please select application type L8***.
This user guide contains step by step instructions on how to create and submit an online application.
If you have any queries on this please email Learn@gmit.ie
Recognition of Prior Learning may be used to gain access to this programme in accordance with GMIT’s Recognition of Prior Learning policy. For more information on the RPL policy, please visit https://www.myexperience.ie/about/how-rpl-works/
Students who enrol for this Certificate will qualify for issuing of a GMIT Student ID Card.
Department of Graduate Studies and Professional Development
Tel: 085 8567558