Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Quality for Industry (Add-On Degree)Open For Applications
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 8
Programme Duration: Two years
Mode of Study: Part time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Entry Requirements: Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Quality for Industry (Level 7), or equivalent
10% of normal fees for first 40 credits. See "Quality for the Medical Device Industry" course on www.springboardcourses.ie
The purpose of the degree is to offer a structured, flexible and progressive programme of study.
The programme seeks to:
- Provide you with a broad, integrated approach to quality management, facilitating your progression in a quality role in industry or services.
- Provide you with the ability to develop and implement various quality systems which would lead to an accredited quality award.
- Provide the leadership and communication skills required to work at senior level in the area of quality and to effect change.
- Facilitate you in developing expertise in various quality tools that cover the life cycle of various products and services.
YEAR 1 (Starting in September 2020)
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
YEAR 2: (Also starting in September 2020)
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
On successful completion of this programme you will have detailed knowledge of:
- The regulatory framework governing the development and production of regulated products, particularly pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
- Quality management frameworks and standards.
- The interpretation of regulations and Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines for the pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical, medical device sectors and other regulated industries
- The role of quality managers and quality supervisors in promoting and managing quality within an organisation.
- Specific statistical process control tools that are used to identify quality issues.
- Management systems and laboratory practices associated with the management of cleanrooms and the control of sterilisation processes.
- The use of auditing techniques to identify non-compliance issues.
Attendance at GMIT
- Each Wednesday and Thursday (September 2020 to May 2021) from 18:00 to 22:00
- Each Thursday (September 2020 to May 2021) from 18:00 to 22:00, commencing Wednesdays September 30th and Thursday October 01st 2020
The Level 8 degree in Quality for Industry was designed as an add-on to the Level 7 award in Quality for Industry.
If you hold a different Level 7 qualification then this will be assessed to determine if it is a suitable Level 7 qualification for admission.
Relevant, technical work experience in the medical device / pharma sector will be taken into account in this assessment.
Please read this DOCUMENT before completing your application.
Please complete the Application Form in full and email to email@example.com
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Application form is available for download here.
Students who enrol for this Certificate will qualify for issuing of a GMIT Student ID Card.
Graduate and Professional Development
Tel: 085 8567558