Certificate in Quality & Regulatory Affairs (Part Time)Applications for September 2021 will open on 06th April.
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 7
Programme Duration: One year
Mode of Study: Part time
Application Route: Apply direct to GMIT
Entry Requirements: Applicants must hold a major award at Level 6 (Higher Certificate) or higher to be eligible to apply.
€800 for Regulatory Affairs & Compliance Auditing
€400 for Cleanroom Management
€400 for Validation
- You will have the basic skills necessary to work in the area of Quality within the pharmaceutical / medical device industries, specifically the Regulatory Affairs aspects of those industries.
- This Certificate, along with the Certificate in Science in Quality for Industry - Statistics & Management and the Certificate in Science in Quality, make up the add-on Bachelor of Science (Ordinary) Degree in Quality for Industry
- Certificate in Quality (20 Credits, Level 7)
- Certificate in Quality - Statistics & Management (20 Credits, Level 7)
- Bachelor of Science (Ordinary) Degree in Quality
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Quality for Industry (Add-On Degree)
• The Certificate commences in September 2021.
• Regulatory Affairs & Compliance Auditing - Monday evenings, from 6.30pm-9.30pm, from September 2021 to May 2022.
• Cleanroom Management - Wednesday evenings, from 7pm to 10pm, from January 2022 to May 2022.
• Validation - Wednesday evenings, from 6.00pm-9.00pm, from September 2021 to December 2021.
For an overview of the Special Purpose Awards in Quality please see here.
Eligibility for the full Level 7 degree:
To do the full Level 7 degree in Quality for Industry, you need to hold a Level 6 award in Science, Business or Engineering. If you hold a foreign qualification, please contact Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) www.qqi.ie who will be able to assist with information on the National Framework of Qualifications and Qualifications Recognition Advice.
Recognition of your experience in industry (also known as recognition of prior learning (RPL):
If you don’t hold a Level 6 award, but you have significant experience in industry (medical device, or pharmaceutical industry), then you can apply to GMIT to review your work experience to determine if your work experience can be accredited as equivalent to a Level 6 award. To apply for a review or for more information go to http://www.myexperience.ie
Closing Date for Applications
30th August 2021.
Applications can be made online from 06th April for September 2021 commencement.
Students who enrol for this Certificate will qualify for issuing of a GMIT Student ID Card.
Department of Graduate Studies and Professional Development
Dublin Road, Galway
Tel: 085 8567558