GMIT Non-EU Student Scholarships
Scholarships are available for Non-EU students, as a bursary to the value of up to 40% of non-EU fees.
Non-EU fees for academic year 2015/2016 are:
- International Foundation Studies Programme - €9,000
- Undergraduate Programmes - €9,950
- Postgraduate Programmes - €12,000
- The Claddagh Scholarship - €1,000 (x 10)
If you are a Non-EU student thinking of applying to study in GMIT then you may qualify for a scholarship in recognition of your English language attainment, your country of origin, or both. These bursaries are reviewed annually.
NEW: GMIT is delighted to announce that we are offering TEN (10) €1,000 scholarships through the Claddagh Scholarship Programme. These scholarships are for Chinese nationals only who are taking a place on an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at any of the five GMIT campuses begining September 2017. Click here for more details.
1. English Language Attainment Scholarships
|Undergraduate*||6.5 or higher||
|Postgraduate**||6.5 or higher||
*Minimum admission requirements: IELTS 5.5
**Minimum admission requirements: IELTS 6.0
2. Country of Origin Scholarships
GMIT also offers scholarships to Non-EU students depending upon their country of origin.
|Student Country of Origin||
|Foundation, Undergraduate or Postgraduate||Countries with a Gross Domestic Product of $ 5000, or less||15%|
Foundation, Undergraduate or Postgraduate
|Countries with a Gross Domestic Product of less than $20,000 per year but greater than $5000||10%|
|Foundation, Undergraduate or Postgraduate||Countries with a Gross Domestic Product greater than $20,000 per year||5%|
* In all instances the determination of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) figures for applicants to Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes at GMIT will be assessed through the most recently available statistics from the World Bank.
3. Continuation of scholarships
Once you have been awarded one or both of these scholarships, you can continue to avail of these bursaries during your time at GMIT, subject to the following condition:
- You will be awarded your scholarship(s) every year provided that you successfully progress in your programme of study with at least a 55% average in yearly examinations. If you are repeat attending or repeating examinations only, you will not qualify for scholarships for that academic year. Once you successfully complete your repeat year, you can qualify for the scholarship again in subsequent years, once your average is over 55%.
- If you progress from a GMIT undergraduate programme to a GMIT postgraduate programme, you will automatically qualify for a scholarship to the value of 30% off the quoted fee for that postgraduate programme.
The tuition fee for non-EU nationals is €9,950 per academic year.
GMIT Galway Campus
Tel: +353 91 742456 / 742149
Email: International Office