Non EU Scholarship
ATU Non-EU Student Scholarships
Scholarships are available for Non-EU students, as a bursary to the value of up to 15% of non-EU fees.
Non-EU fees for academic year 2023/24 are:
- Undergraduate Programmes - €10,500
- Postgraduate Programmes - €12,000
If you are a Non-EU student thinking of applying to study at ATU then you may qualify for an ATU scholarship in recognition of your English language attainment or your country of origin. Please see information below for further details. These bursaries are reviewed annually.
Scroll down for information on all Scholarships available to non-EU students.
THE CLADDAGH SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME - FOR CHINESE STUDENTS ONLY
Atlantic Technological University is delighted to announce we are offering eight scholarships through the Claddagh Scholarship Programme.
These scholarships are for Chinese nationals only who are taking a place on an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at any of the eight ATU campuses from September 2018 - 2023.
- Undergraduate - €2,500* reduction in tuition fees for each year of studies
- Postgraduate - €2,500* reduction in tuition fees (1 Year Programme)
The Claddagh Scholarship Programme was established and organised by Education in Ireland, which reports directly to the Ministry of Education and Skills in Ireland.
The Programme was officially launched by the Irish Minister for Education in October 2015.
Click here for more details.
ATU SCHOLARSHIPS - OPEN TO ALL NON-EU STUDENTS
1. English Language Attainment Scholarships
|Undergraduate*||6.5 or higher||
|Postgraduate**||6.5 or higher||
*Minimum admission requirements: IELTS 5.5
**Minimum admission requirements: IELTS 6.0
Please see this link for all English Language Assessments accepted for the purpose of admission. Please note we will accept the equivalent of the IELTS score listed above, in other English Language Assessments for the purpose of gaining a scholarship.
2. Country of Origin Scholarships
ATU also offers scholarships to Non-EU students depending upon their country of origin.
|Student Country of Origin||
|Foundation, Undergraduate or Postgraduate||Countries with a Gross Domestic Product (per capita) of between $12,501 to $25,000||10%|
Foundation, Undergraduate or Postgraduate
|Countries with a Gross Domestic Product (per capita) of between $0 to $12,500||15%|
* In all instances the determination of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) figures for applicants to Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes at ATU will be assessed through the most recently available statistics from the World Bank.
Please note that you cannot qualify for both scholarships. The maximum bursary value is 15%.
3. Continuation of scholarships
Once you have been awarded one or both of these scholarships, you can continue to avail of these bursaries during your time at ATU, subject to the following condition:
- You will be awarded your scholarship(s) every year provided that you successfully progress in your programme of study with at least a 55% average in yearly examinations. If you are repeat attending or repeating examinations only, you will not qualify for scholarships for that academic year. Once you successfully complete your repeat year, you can qualify for the scholarship again in subsequent years, once your average is over 55%.
- If you progress from an ATU undergraduate programme to an ATU postgraduate programme, you will automatically qualify for a scholarship to the value of 20% off the quoted fee for that postgraduate programme.
ATU Galway City Campus
Tel: +353 91 742349