GMIT Mayo launches new part-time course in Services Marketing
GMIT Mayo is pleased to offer a brand new part-time course in Services Marketing to the Business community in Mayo, commencing mid-January, 2016.
Aimed specifically at the services sector, this course will focus on the unique challenges of marketing a service business and on delivering consistently on service promises. It will examine the service experience from the customer’s perspective and assess how the various elements of the marketing mix can be used to attract customers and retain their loyalty.
The course will be beneficial to staff in any business with a strong service element, particularly businesses that deal directly with the public in personal, face-to-face situations. This would include, for example, retail, hospitality, tourism, personal and professional services.
The course will commence on Monday 18 January 2016 and run every Monday evening from 7 to 9pm for 13 weeks (except during Easter).
Topics will include:
- understanding the unique nature of services and the marketing challenges involved
- analysing the customer and how he/she makes decisions
- educating the customer and managing customer relationships
- positioning the service to appeal to specific groups of customers
- developing new services and adding new elements to existing services
- ensuring that employees represent a positive element of the service for customers
- creating the right physical environment and the most efficient processes for service delivery
- and setting pricing and using online and offline promotional techniques to communicate with customers
Services Marketing is an accredited module on the GMIT Lifelong Learning Programme. Those who successfully complete the module will be awarded a Single Subject Certificate (Accredited).
Celene Dunphy, Marketing lecturer at GMIT said: “GMIT Mayo makes a selection of its business courses accessible to the wider community through the GMIT Lifelong Learning Programme. With this in mind, we are delighted to offer this course in Services Marketing to local businesses and to those who would like to work in the services sector.”
“Many service providers face a challenging operating environment and this course will offer them the opportunity to evaluate their current marketing strategies and develop new techniques to enhance their performance.”
If you would like more information or wish to sign up for this course, please come along to an Open Evening in the GMIT Mayo Campus on Thursday, 7 January, (7pm to 9 pm). For more details, email Mayo GMIT or telephone 094 9043156.