This Apprenticeship is a 3-year programme, with an approved employer, with 70% of the time spent on the job and the remaining 30% spent in GMIT.
Go to the www.manufacturingapprenticeships.ie website for more details, or download this brochure.
The Manufacturing Engineering Apprenticeship website lists the companies engaged to date. Potential apprentices can contact these companies directly.
Find out about the Minimum Entry Requirements & Assessment of Mature Student Applicants.
Please see www.apprenticeship.ie for more information on how to become an apprentice.
To become an apprentice in Ireland, you must be hired by an employer. Apprenticeship employers are formally approved by SOLAS in advance of employing apprentices. Apprentices get a formal contract of employment as part of their apprenticeship. To find an apprenticeship, you can search apprenticeship vacancies at apprenticeship.ie/career-seekers/jobs. Here, you can search for vacancies by location and by apprenticeship type. Your local Education and Training Board may hold details of employers seeking to employ an apprentice.
By registering for this course at GMIT, you are agreeing to your data (i.e. apprentice name, programme title, status on programme, attendance, assessment/exam marks) being shared with the relevant staff and trainers within your company, Ibec Consortium Lead, GMIT and Solas to facilitate this Bachelor of Engineering in Manufacturing (Apprenticeship) Level 7.
Trish Breen, Medtech & Polymer Apprenticeships Manager, Ibec
Tel: +353 (0)87 715 7967
Email: Trish Breen
Irish Medtech Association
Tel: +353 1 605 1677
The manufacturing apprenticeship programmes have been developed by the Irish Medtech Association, the business association within Ibec, along with Galway Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT), co-ordinating provider, and representatives from the medical technology sector.