Bachelor of Science in Computing and Digital MediaA level 7 ordinary degree course for those interested in developing a career in digital media and web design.
Discipline: Computer Science and Applied Physics
Location: Galway - Dublin Road
NFQ Level: 7
Programme Duration: Three years
Mode of Study: Full time
Application Route: Apply through the CAO
CAO Round 1 Points: 240 (2019)
Are you interested in digital media, and web design for mobiles desktops and tablets?
This course presents an opportunity to study exciting new areas in:
- 2D & 3D graphics
- dynamic web design & development
- video production and database technologies for multiplatform environments.
You will become proficient in various software toolkits and applications through practical development work, acquiring hands-on skills and competencies in the production of rich media and web applications for a wide range of platforms, at each stage of this exciting course.
Our lecturers place a significant emphasis on practical skills and students are trained in the provision of computerised web-based solutions using a wide range of appropriate methods. Participants work individually and in groups on a variety of projects and acquire the latest techniques involved in dynamic rich media development.
This course of study fosters the development of creative thinking, and the development of interpersonal and project management skills and competencies required to work in the ever-changing web and technological world.
- Introduction to Digital Graphics & Design
- Web Design & Development
- Digital Narrative
- Software Developement
- Skills & Innovation
- Digital Media & Social Computing
- Maths for Computing 1 & 2
Business & Analytical Information Systems
- Audio Video Design & Production 1
- Applied Digital Media 1&2
- Professional Skills
- Database Mgt
- Object Oriented Computing 1
- Appliedn Networking Technologies
- System Analysis
- Mobile Web App Design Develop1 & 2
- Dynamic Web Development
- Object Oriented Computing 2
- Professional Practice
- 3D Modelling and Animation
- Dynamic Web Development
- Digital Marketing Web Analytics
- Audio Video
- Design & Production 2
- Mobile Applications Development
Graduates will have attained a wide range of skills and competencies in mobile, digital media and web development which will ensure their versatility and adaptability to the fast changing world of Information
One year add-on BSc (Honours) degree (Computing & Digital Media) atGMIT, as well as honours degree programmes at other Institutes of Technology and Universities in Ireland and the UK.
Individual and group project work are integral to the program, providing the student with specialised technical skills and knowledge, and enabling one to become skilled as follows:
- A confident communicator
- Display proficiency in software demonstration
- Formal report writer
- Formal presentation skills
- Collaborative communication skills
E-mail: John Farrell